Tuesday 3 May 2011

Family Quarantine

When Jason got sick almost two weeks ago, we didn't expect it to turn into a family event. Yet, here we are, two weeks later, all sick as dogs.


I won't go into too much gory detail, but (despite our flu shots) it appears that we caught some sort of flu. As an added bonus, Jason and Charlotte got some conjunctivitis (Jason much, much worse than Charlotte) and it turns out that I developed an ear infection on top of my flu bug (which I got antibiotics for this morning).

(For the record, this pic is from 2009 when I got the flu while in St. Louis for a gig.)

The blessing/bummer of it all is that the worst of it hit over a four-day weekend. We had high hopes of doing some more exploring of our new city and working around the house, but we ended up spending it mostly lounging around.

(For the record this pic was taken shortly before Charlotte was born. Not quite sure what was going on here, but he looks nice and pathetic for this post.)

The good news is that Charlotte is nearly all better! She still has a runny nose and a miserable sounding cough, but she seems to be back to her old, cheerful self and no longer has a fever. Jason has had some ups and downs, but (aside from a newly formed sore throat) appears to be on the mend; I'm hopeful that my antibiotics will have me feeling more human in no time.

On a happier note, Jason made the most amazing pear and almond cake last night. It was so good, I couldn't resist having it for breakfast this morning! You can find the recipe (and a video of how to make it) here: http://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/pear-and-almond-cake

1 comment:

  1. You poor things! You certainly do look pathetic. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...