Wednesday 6 July 2011

A Desk!

I have spent the last few months in search of a desk to fit the little alcove behind the couch.  I scoured Gumtree, Craigslist, Ikea and Ebay but everything I found was just too big (or too cheapy looking) to work.  Then, while on an Ikea trip with my friend Mary, I found a tiny, not too cheapy looking desk that had been marked down to £10!  Score! 

 

(Notice the bottle in the shot above.  My milk supply is still way down since I spent the day vomiting.  Now that I'm feeling nearly 100% better, I'm going to spend the day eating well and drinking tons of water to get my supply back up!  Extra calories, here I come!)

Now would be a good time to mention again how annoying it is to shop at Ikea when you are car-less.  The trip to Ikea from our flat requires a bus (or tube) ride, a train ride AND a tram ride!  If you are buying more than a bag or two of small items (while also pushing a stroller) it can require Herculean powers to get it all home.  

Between Mary and myself this is what we were looking at at the end of our trip:


To make a long story short, Mary ended up taking all the goods by taxi while Charlotte and I took the tram, train, and bus back to our flat.  And it was all worth it in the end.  Check out how happy this baby is with her new desk:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...