Friday 8 July 2011

Good Morning 4am!

Charlotte was up at 1:30 this morning for a feed and then up for the day around 4:00.  I fed her, rocked her, sang to her and even let her cry it out for a half-hour (she wasn't full on crying, just fussing) but then I started to stress about our neighbours.  I finally brought her downstairs to the little rocking chair her friend Emily lent her and gave her a dummy.  When that didn't work, I turned the TV on, hoping the quiet noise and bright colours would calm her down enough to sleep.  Nope.  Here's what she's up to as I type:





It is now getting close to 7am and she is showing no signs of sleeping (other than that little yawn in the video).  Luckily I don't have much going on today.  My friend Mary-Maye is coming over for tea this morning, but other than that we're free to nap should the opportunity arise.  I don't know how parents who both work, or single parents, or parents of multiple children function on such little sleep!  Heck, I don't know how Charlotte functions on such little sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...