Thursday 29 September 2011

A Sweet Home


Charlotte and I spent much of yesterday visiting with my friend Mary-Maye.  In addition to being an amazingly kind woman and brilliant painter, she also has the sweetest London flat.  Though it is only a few blocks from our flat, it feels as if you are in the middle of the country when you are there.  It is quiet, peaceful and has such a comfortable, lived-in feel to it.  I absolutely love spending time there.  

Mary-Maye let me take a few pictures to share with you all:

MM says she likes having all of her ingredients where she can see them because it helps her shop more efficiently

I didn't want to intrude too much, so I didn't take too many pictures of their living spaces, but here is a shot from the dining area (and heart of the house) to the back bedroom.

I took this picture of their back patio when Mary-Maye had me over for tea earlier this summer.

This is Mary-Maye and her youngest son, Arthur.  To the right you can see the ladder leading up to the girl's loft-style bedroom.

This is a picture Mary-Maye took of the mural in her daughters' room.


Freshly picked apples basking in the sunlight on the kitchen table.
There are a number of sweet quotes around the flat.  This is one of my favourites.

a painting Mary-Maye made of her children at the beach

fresh herbs on the balcony (which overlooks a sweet garden)

I love the old faucets!

a fruit basket and beloved stuffed rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...