Monday 19 September 2011

Weekend Recap

It was another action packed weekend here at Milton's Manor!  Saturday morning we made it to storytime at Under the Greenwood Tree and then finally made it to the library to exchange some books.  While I dug through the board books, Charlie thought she would try Jason's hat on.  It was a tad too big:



We then decided to go out to brunch on Venn Street.  Charlie slept through most of it, but woke up just in time to polish off the rest of my full English breakfast!


We spent Saturday evening with Josh and Naina in Wimbledon and met another recent DC transplant couple who arrived in July.  They live in Belsize Park (also on the northern line) and are also here indefinitely.  We all had a great time and, though I didn't get any pictures (dangit!) Charlotte slept on the floor during dinner.  It was super cute!

Sunday evening was my nephew Alex's big wish with The Make a Wish Foundation.  He requested to go to a Steelers' game and meet the players.  Turns out he got to do the coin toss before the game, too!  I haven't gotten all the deets yet, but it sounds like they were given the royal treatment.  After spending most of last year kicking cancer's butt, this was a well deserved treat.

Here are a few pics of Alex and Charlotte together last February (this was before his red hair grew back blond!):




Wow.  She was so little!  She will be much more fun to play with during our December/January visit!

My friend Mary was able to get the game over at her place, so Charlie, Jason and I all headed over there for the evening.  I tried to pay attention to the game, but I was really just in it to catch a glimpse of my Alex (which didn't happen).  It was still fun to participate in his big day even if we were thousands of miles away!

While at Mary's, Charlie took her first tandem baby bath with her friend Emily.  It was too cute for words.  As soon as I get Mary to send me the pics I'll be sure to post them (hint, hint, Mary).  Charlotte was so exhausted from playing with all of Emily's awesome toys (including her very own iPad) that this is what she looked like on the ride home:


 All in all, it was a pretty great weekend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...