Tuesday 29 November 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes at Mary-Maye's House!

Pumpkin pancakes have become a tradition here at Milton's Manor.  Jason found the recipe years ago and has been making them for at least seven or eight years now!  It has become a tradition for us to have them Thanksgiving morning and we have often invited friends to join us.  This year, we wanted to invite Mary-Maye and her family over, but quickly realised that it would be easier for us to host a family of six at their house!  Luckily, they didn't mind us inviting ourselves over to their house to cook.  (You can see lots of lovely pictures of Mary-Maye and Hugh Guy's house here.)

Here are some of the highlights of the morning:

getting a cuddle from Hugh Guy

These kids LOVE Charlotte and Charlotte ADORES them!  There were smiles and giggles and cuddles galore!

Charlotte and the gorgeous Mary-Maye

 

a beautiful, display of vegetables for the table centerpiece

Jason often had two children in his arms at any given time (when he wasn't cooking, of course!)

Mary (the eldest) gets a cuddle from her dad

While we were there, I noticed one of Mary-Maye's new paintings and fell in love with it!  (Although, I tend to fall in love with most of her art . . . )  Mary-Maye said she would be willing to frame it and sell it for a ridiculously low price.  I jumped on the opportunity!!  I have officially purchased my first piece of original art!  AND I LOVE IT!!!  It reminds me so much of when Jason and I got engaged.  We were on a beach in Oregon.  It also reminds me of a picture we have from a friend's wedding that I framed for Jason a few years ago.  It is also just adore the colours!


Mary-Maye showing off the new painting

Shortly before we left, Peter (the penultimate child) was sitting and peeling an onion.  I thought it was the sweetest thing:



It was a wonderful start to a wonderful day!  Oh, and find the recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes here!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these very sweet pictures, Bethie. What happy, beautiful people! I love the veggies as centerpiece - great idea to showcase such lovely, natural colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...