Wednesday 21 December 2011

Holidaymakers

Charlie and I are on our way to the States!  I've set this to publish during our flight, so you can imagine us somewhere over the arctic, having a tea (me), being a good baby (Charlotte) and excitedly anticipating our reunion with Bethie, as well as with family and friends.

It's hard to believe that Charlie and I haven't been away from Greater London (aside from a brief-but-wonderful visit to Paris with my lovely bride) since we arrived here almost nine months ago.  When she became a UK resident, Charlie wasn't much older than this:


(finally, fulfilment of an old promise)

 We've had a good few weeks together, enjoying our first December in London.  


There's something magical about big cities at Christmas, and London is no exception.  It's lovely here.  



Even if it is a bit chilly at times.


And next year we may celebrate the day itself here, all three of us together.


But for now, we've packed our bags and are headed on holiday.  Take a look at this kid: she put the box of formula in the empty suitcase while I wasn't looking.  Charlie has her priorities....


And right now, at 35,000 feet, I'm hopefully with a Charlie who's less like this:


And more like this:


 See you soon, America!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...