Sunday 11 December 2011

What I've been up to

While Jason and Charlie kick it in Clapham, I'm having lots of fun in Florida.  We've had concerts or rehearsals every day since I arrived, so I'm very much looking forward to our day off on Monday!  I haven't had the opportunity to do any sunbathing, so I'm definitely looking forward to that!  I'm still as white as a ghost!  

In addition to the singing, I've been enjoying spending time with my roomie and other choir members and have been enjoying getting to know my (slightly quirky) hosts as well.  Yesterday my hosts participated in an historic house tour in their neighbourhood and nearly 1,000 people came through their condo.  We were here for part of it before escaping the craziness.  The organisation who put the tours together also brought in some awesome old cars to put in the courtyard.  (You can see part of my host family's condo on the top floor in the background.)


Yesterday our concert was right near the beach.  My roomie, Lexa, and I went down early to walk a round a bit.  We weren't the only ones visiting South Beach that day:


I also got to see a good friend of mine from college whom I hadn't seen in ages.  I totally failed to get any pictures though!  Dang!  

All in all, it has been a good trip so far.  I miss my little family like crazy, but I really adore singing with this group.  They are such a fantastic people!

I will leave you with a picture of where I hope to be again on my day off tomorrow:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...