Friday 3 February 2012

Charlotte's Art

One of the many things we love about Charlotte's nursery school is that they do a lot of art projects with the kids during the day.  As a result, however, we have loads of baby art projects that have been sitting in piles with our other important papers.  I am not one to keep things around if we aren't using or at least enjoying them, so I decided to make a collage of the pieces I could find my favourite pieces:



The frame I used originally held a great vintage "peace" poster that I picked up at a garage sale.  I custom ordered the frame online only to have it arrive and not fit.  Fail.  I still displayed it in Charlotte's old room, but it always bothered me that it didn't fit the frame.


I've found a lot of fun ways to display kids art on Pinterest (see my link on the top right of this page), but a lot of them involve buying frames or other items and I just can't be bothered.  Since the peace poster wasn't working, I decided to reuse the frame; I'm quite happy with the outcome!  I can't wait to display it in our new flat!

Here are some closeups of the art it displays:






And because you were so patient looking at pictures of baby art when all you really came here for was to see pictures of sweet babe being outrageously adorable, here you go:


Seriously, folks.  Does it get sweeter than that?

1 comment:

  1. I love the collage idea! When my kids (17 & 15 now!) were little, they drew and painted all the time, and I would hang their masterpieces on the insides of the cupboard doors in the kitchen. Several are still there, and we all still love to see those reminders of simple, wonderful days. Another idea: I used clear contact paper to 'laminate' pieces to use as placemats - made nice gifts for far-away grandparents and other relatives!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...