Monday 2 July 2012

Highlights from Ohio and Indiana:

It is SO wonderful to be back home with my two favourites, but I sure did have a great trip.  One of the absolute highlights was to see a bunch of my family that I hadn't seen in years!   My Aunt Mary Lou and Father Uncle Dale (my dad's two siblings) took me out on the town one day in Cincinnati (AML drove all the way from Michigan to see me!).  

Uncle Dale treated us to a nice lunch at a restaurant with a gorgeous water view.  I only had my iPhone with me, but I'm hoping the two of them got some decent photos of our visit as well:


We then went on a tour around Cincy.  One of the places we stopped was the church where my parents were married!  Well, at least it was a church when they were married there.  Now it's a parking lot.  Haha!

 

We also visited my grandparents' graves.  Grandpa Peterka died in 1985 and Grandma Peterka died in 2010.  We used to visit grandpa's grave when we would come to Cincinnati to visit grandma, but this is the first time I had seen grandma's grave.  

I have a nearly identical picture of me in a very similar skirt (but with a Snoopy t-shirt on top!) from when I was eight.





Uncle Dale was able to come to our concert in Cincinnati.  He sent an email around with a review afterwards.  Here is my favourite part of what he wrote:

"The best part of the concert was watching the faces of the performers.
The five of them sat in a semicircle facing the audience, so we couldwatch them play, switch instruments, and enjoy the performances. Theysmiled a lot during the solos, and in general acted like a bunch ofkids jamming in the backyard."

We performed the same show in Indianapolis the next night:


And then we had an abbreviated family concert on Saturday morning.  Aunt Mary Lou drove all the way from Michigan to see me again and this time brought my cousin Kathy!!  We had a fantastic time catching up:



I'm super bummed that I didn't get any group photos with my fellow musicians, but alas, we were pretty busy rehearsing when we were together!  Maybe next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...